- 1994 All American Selection award winner
- Resistant to many diseases that plague the beefsteak variety
- Vigorous, quick grower
- Large, heat and humidity tolerant plants
- Red, globe shaped tomatoes resist cracking
- Tomatoes reach maturity in only 73 days
- Greta balance of sweet and acidic flavor
An AAS Award Winner (1994 All American Selection), ‘Big Beef’ is full of old fashion flavor and the newest resistance to many viruses and diseases that tend to plague the beefsteak varieties. This vigorous selection grows quickly to produce large plants that tolerate adverse conditions of heat and humidty while producing large, red, globe shaped tomatoes that resist cracking and reach maturity in only 73 days. These large, bright, smooth fruit average 10-12 ounces each with just the right balance of sweet and acid and are the perfect tomato for slicing or salads. Plant in full sun and well drained soil and, with the occasional application of an organic fertilizer, you’ll have more tomatoes then you know what to do with!